This week marks the end of my third week living the Paleo lifestyle. I feel great. Seriously, I feel healthier than ever. I was convinced before I began and the difference after only 21 days have been quite satisfying. The biggest changes have been in my sleep and overall well-being.
I have never been a morning person--I usually drag my feet and walk around in a cloud for an hour or two. This week I have been waking up before my alarm, wide awake, and ready to rock. Ridiculous that all it took was an abstention from gluten, and all that other processed shit.
I am a compulsive exerciser. I love working out. Today I did a two hour bike class and killed it. I honestly do not believe I could have stayed the whole two hours last week, let alone a month ago.
Cavemen must have been absolute monsters.
For the food. I had some coworkers over for a paleo dinner last night. This meant I got to head to Eastern Market. This meant I was happy. I bought pounds of fresh veggies, country-style pork ribs, bacon, sausage, and steak. I left very pleased.
For dinner we had cauliflower rice with diced cilantro and lime juice, lightly toasted in my wok with coconut oil. Zucchini, squash, mushrooms, red onion, and green bell pepper skewers. I soaked the steak in coconut milk for a few hours, salt and peppered it, and skewered 'em. Then I experimented a bit. I wanted a coconut curry sauce for the steak and thought it could be interesting if I used the milk the steak was soaking in--it was fire.
My invitation must have got lost in the mail. Sounds incredible.
ReplyDelete